We find Welbeck an inspiring place to work.
If you would like to join us at Welbeck, job opportunities from across the estate's diverse businesses are posted on this page when they become available.
If you have any questions about working at Welbeck, please do get in touch.
The Welbeck Bakehouse Limited
Assistant Head Baker / Baker
The Welbeck Bakehouse is an award-winning Artisan bakery nestled in the heart of The Welbeck Estate in Nottinghamshire. We pride ourselves on producing exceptional hand-crafted bread and Viennoiserie on a daily basis for restaurants, cafes and delicatessens across the East Midlands.
The Assistant Head Baker / Baker role requires someone with lots of passion and a keen eye for detail. We specialise in sourdoughs and only bake using natural ingredients and long fermentation. If you are looking for a stimulating position, where innovation and growth are encouraged - then this position is for you!
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 45 per week
Working both night and afternoon shifts, five shifts per week, you will be involved in all aspects of the preparation and finishing of the products. You must be able to work weekends and some bank holidays.
[The Assistant Head Baker will be required to lead and direct team members on shifts as assigned by the Head Baker, ensuring your accessibility and approachability to all of your co-workers.]
As the Assistant Head Baker / Baker, your role is to work as part of the bakery team to provide a wide range of quality bread goods. You will be expected to:
- Produce a range of artisan styled bread and Viennoiserie
- Produce daily production schedules and monitor the quality of products.
- Lead, drive and inspire the bakery team
- Implement The WB BH food culture across the business
- Train, mentor & coach staff/new recruits in relevant aspects of baking.
- Monitor food quality issues and liaise with clients where needed
- Ensure bakery and equipment are maintained according to proper health and safety standards.
- A previous catering background is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and passion for baking.
- Organisation and time management skills.
In return, we are offering an opportunity to be involved in an expanding wholesale business making its mark in the East Midlands region with competitive rates of pay dependent on experience.
If interested in the role, please email your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to Ms Emma Hall by the closing date of Friday 12th May 2017 - firstname.lastname@example.org