We find Welbeck an inspiring place to work.
If you would like to join us at Welbeck, job opportunities from across the estate's diverse businesses are posted on this page when they become available.
If you have any questions about working at Welbeck, please do get in touch.
The Harley Cafe
Front of House Assistant
The Harley Café (part of The Welbeck Farm Shop) is a fun, busy café which opens 7 days a week, offering excellent food and high levels of customer service. We currently have a vacancy for a Front of House Assistant to join our team. We are looking for someone with a natural outgoing personality, an interest in engaging with people and a love of great food. Shifts work on a flexible basis due to the nature of the business, with guaranteed hours over a 4-week period, but no set days and times. Shifts typically fall between 8am and 5:30pm including regular weekend working.
Working hours are 120 per 4-week period, this is open for discussion to anyone who meets all the required criteria.
Front of House Assistant duties include:
- greeting customers
- taking orders
- preparing drinks
- serving prepared food
- clearing tables
- maintaining standards throughout the day
Candidates must have a friendly outgoing personality and the drive and ability to work on their own initiative, as well as strong customer service skills.
We offer substantial Farm Shop and Café discounts
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, or for more information please contact our General Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4th July 2022
The Harley Foundation
Arts Practitioner and Workshop Manager (reporting to the Harley Foundation Education and Engagement Manager)
Working hours are over 4 days a week, including some weekend days.
Salary will be set dependent on experience but will be in the region of £20,000-£25,000 pro rata.
We are a leading art and craft charitable trust with a public pottery studio and education room. Our purpose is to encourage and inspire creativity in our visitors, across all age groups.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Arts Practitioner and Workshop Manager.
The successful candidate needs to have a teaching qualification and demonstrable experience of developing and running adult education workshop; as well as practical expertise and knowledge of clay, kiln management and 3-d design.
- Your primary day to day activity will be the efficient running of the Pottery Studio at Welbeck, North Notts. You will liaise with colleagues at the Harley Foundation, staff, and artists alike.
- You will use specialised craft skills to engage users in ceramics and other arts activities to promote mental well-being and creative development.
- You will work with Nottinghamshire MIND and develop 10-week pottery courses for their service users and lead these sessions.
- You will develop, manage and run our three monthly Art Clubs for 5 – 11 year olds, 12 – 16 year olds and adults.
- Support resource efficiency and reporting to NCC
- Assess risk and manage it effectively for the Pottery Studio and Education Room.
- Manage the kiln room, equipment and supplies for the Pottery Studio and Education Room.
- Provide support to those hiring the Pottery Studio.
- Manage cleaning staff.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 15th July 2022
The School of Artisan Food
Location - Worksop based
Hours – Full-time or part time hours would be considered and working hours typically are during early mornings or early evenings, including at weekends.
The School of Artisan Food are looking to recruit a small team of motivated, energetic, and experienced cleaners to join our small team, within our busy teaching environment.
The School has different teaching areas, used at different times, throughout the week and weekend. A rota is used to make sure the right areas are cleaned and prepared according to that week’s activities. Due to this, duties will vary by day and week, and you will need to be flexible and have a ‘can do’ attitude. The team will be structured to provide cover for each other’s holidays.
- following cleaning routines, using a good knowledge of cleaning methods in both routine cleaning and annual deep cleaning;
- delivering high standards of cleanliness and tidiness throughout including the toilet facilities;
- hoovering and mopping of training rooms and offices;
- dusting furniture, skirting, pipework etc.;
- wiping down and disinfecting common areas and workstations;
- removal of waste across the site;
- restocking of toiletries and other products;
- recommending any improvements to your line manager.
Candidates must have an eye for detail, take pride in the finished product and be responsible for ensuring our high standards are met.
Due to the location of the School, candidates must have access to their own transport.
The School of Artisan Food provide all necessary cleaning products and equipment as well as a uniform. Hourly rates are competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
If this opportunity has sparked an interest, we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send in your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11th July 2022