We find Welbeck an inspiring place to work.
If you would like to join us at Welbeck, job opportunities from across the estate's diverse businesses are posted on this page when they become available.
If you have any questions about working at Welbeck, please do get in touch.
The Welbeck Abbey Brewery Limited
Interim General Manager
Full Time maternity cover for 12 months, starting October 2019
Hours: 40 hours per week (typically Monday to Friday)
Welbeck Abbey Brewery is a regional brewery based in North Nottinghamshire. The team of 9 employees brew, sell and direct deliver around 16,000 pints of real ale a week to pubs and specialist shops within a 35 mile radius.
The brewery has a proven track record for exceptional quality of both product quality and customer service. These are standards we are proud of and must be upheld regardless of the level of growth.
The General Manager is responsible for both the strategic direction of the business and its day to day operational management. The aim is to continue to grow market share in a sustainable and profitable way. Doing so while maintaining the brand position around the top levels of quality and being consistent with the message of the parent company.
The General Manager is responsible for gaining new customers, and for the operational running of the delivery team. The Head Brewer works closely with the General Manager to run the Brewhouse.
Your key responsibilities as Interim General Manager will include;
- Being the key decision maker and leader within the team, striving for excellence and efficiency in all day to day working
- Troubleshooting from production through to sales and dispatch
- Providing excellent customer service, and supporting the sales team
- Managing stock, products, and beer duty on a daily basis
- Working with the accounts team to manage debtors
- Working with the creative director to develop new products, enter competitions, and generate press releases.
- Working with the Head Brewer to ensure mandatory food hygiene and health and safety standards are met
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners
- Organising any events on or off site
- Closely managing the new Tap Room at Rufford Abbey ensuring smooth operation by the team
- Holding full P&L responsibility, working to a budget, and assisting the accounts team in writing the budget 2020-2021
- Ensuring products are produced at the right time in the right quantities and at the right cost to meet customer’s needs and P&L requirements
- Developing the staff team through any recruitment required and the implementation of the brewery training programme
- Championing the sustainable development agenda as we aim to have a more positive impact on the environment around us
Your ideal background:
- Experience in food or drink manufacturing, with a background ideally in brewing or hospitality
- A degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Proven General Management Experience in a relevant setting
- Strong Health & Safety and food hygiene experience
- Strong and proven leadership capability particularly with development of small teams
- Excellent IT skills and experience using a stock management, CRM system or similar, with a positive attitude to using new technologies
- Strong business acumen, understanding priorities and functional requirements;
- Decisiveness, independence and resilience, with the ability to act quickly in both a reactive and proactive manner
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on; management by example will be key
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate events and exceptional circumstances may be required
- A passion for beer, particularly real ale, is essential!
Please submit your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to Recruitment@Welbeck.co.uk
Closing date: Friday 26th July (interviews to be held w/c 5th August)
The Welbeck Abbey Brewery Limited
Digital Marketing Officer
15 hours per week (flexible hours) to start as soon as possible.
If you’re a creative food and drink enthusiast, and love nothing better than promoting the best local producers through blogging, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, then you may be the very person we are looking for.
The role will include:
- Keeping the website up to date with news, events, and monthly specials (Wordpress)
- Planning and executing social media campaigns
- Writing press releases and newsletters
- Working with external graphic designers for advert, poster and POS artwork
- Ordering POS as and when required for the brewery
Candidates should have:
- Good knowledge and experience of using WordPress, social media and other online advertising tools
- Good copywriting and communication skills, whether professionally or as an interest
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Photography and graphic design skills would be an advantage
- An interest in food and drink - preferably real ale!
If you would like to apply for this post, please submit your CV and covering letter by Friday 26th July to firstname.lastname@example.org