Christmas is all about traditions, both old and new, add a pinch of magic too and Welbeck has all the ingredients needed to create a memorable festive season.
This historic estate, with Welbeck Abbey and Welbeck Village at its heart, has a certain mystery and charm of its own. Here we hope you'll be able to escape the festive frenzy and rekindle that Christmas spirit during a stay in the heart of the Welbeck estate.
It all begins with the Welbeck Winter Weekend where you’ll be able to wander around more than 100 stalls. You’ll find a beautiful selection of hand-made gifts crafted by independent artists and makers and get the rare opportunity to explore the art studios within Welbeck’s former Kitchen Gardens.
You’ll also be able to buy all your festive food direct from artisan food and drink producers as well as the award-winning Welbeck Farm Shop. Find out more too about the artisan food community based on the estate too, including Welbeck Abbey Brewery, Welbeck Bakehouse, Stichelton Cheese, and The School of Artisan Food.
If you’ve been inspired by the talented makers, why not sign up for one of the craft workshops? You could learn how to create personal gifts such as jewellery or pottery and pick up tips on how to make an alternative Christmas wreath. The workshops make great gifts too, so why not treat a creative friend with a voucher for an artist workshop?
What better way to get into the festive spirit than with a mammoth baking session? There are numerous Christmas courses at The School of Artisan Food this year. Whether you want to learn how to make the best mince pies or Christmas pudding, you’re sure to dazzle your family with the results after your course.
Don’t forget to schedule in relaxation time too. Bring the family and get a breath of fresh air with a winter walk along the estate’s public footpaths, warm up in the 'Moving Stories' exhibitions in The Harley Gallery and refuel with a hearty meal in The Harley Café.
In fact, why not immerse yourself in the whole Welbeck experience? Extend your visit with a stay at The Winnings; a beautiful holiday cottage in a truly tranquil part of Welbeck.
How to make the most of the festive season here on the Welbeck estate…
- discover unique gifts handcrafted by talented makers at Welbeck Winter Weekend
- stock up your festive larder with food fresh from the estate at Welbeck Farm Shop
- reveal your creative side at a crafting workshop at The Harley Studios
- cook up a storm and learn new skills at The School of Artisan Food
- escape the festive frenzy and enjoy contemporary and historical art at The Harley Gallery and The Portland Collection
- meet with friends and indulge in seasonal food at The Harley Café
- enjoy a winter stroll along the public footpaths on the Welbeck estate
- extend your stay with a short break in one of Welbeck’s holiday cottages.