THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT THE TERMS ON WHICH WE ARE PREPARED TO HIRE A COTTAGE TO YOU. BY MAKING A BOOKING, YOU ACCEPT THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN US
COVID-19 Our flexible booking policy
We have suspended our usual cancellation policy so you can book with peace of mind. This also applies to existing bookings. If you have to change plans due to coronavirus, you can move or cancel your stay up to 48 hours before the check-in day, due to:
- Government restrictions make it impossible for you to travel to the property.
- You or other guests have Covid-19 symptoms in the two weeks before your check-in.
- You have to self-isolate.
If this happens you will have three options:
- Move your booking: You can move your booking (subject to availability). The price may be higher or lower depending on the time of year. If you move your stay we will not charge any admin fees.
- Take a credit note: If you want to move your booking but you are not sure of the dates we can give you a credit note for later. This will be valid for a year, and there will be no admin fee charged.
You must be at least 18 years of age and you must be one of the people occupying the Cottage. You are agreeing to these terms and conditions on behalf of all the members of your party (your “Guests”), and you must be authorised to do so by each adult member of the party. You agree to take responsibility for all your Guests (including any additional invitees to the Cottage) including being liable for any payments due under these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to terminate this Contract without prior notice if you or any of your Guests is in breach of any requirement as stated in these terms and conditions.
• A booking is only confirmed by us when we have sent you a written confirmation of your booking (which will be received via e-mail) and received your deposit or full payment in cleared funds.
Nature of the Booking
• Once your booking has been confirmed in return for your paying the Holiday Price and complying with these Terms and Conditions we grant you and your guests a license to occupy the Cottage during the Holiday Period for the purpose of a holiday.
• You are not entitled to any tenancy of the Cottage, or to an assured shorthold tenancy or to any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or to any other statutory security of tenure now or when the license to occupy ends.
• We are allowed to enter the Cottage (without letting you know first if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies happen (for example if emergency repairs need to be carried out) or if you break any of these terms and conditions. We are also allowed to enter the Cottage to inspect it (including but not limited to where you have complained about the property). If this happens, you will be given reasonable notice first.
• We have tried to make sure that the pictures and descriptions on our website and in our publicity materials give a fair and reasonable impression of the Cottages and their interiors and contents, but we do not guarantee that anything shown in the pictures or described will be exactly the same when you visit us and we do not accept any liability for minor discrepancies.
- The Holiday Price is the price shown on your booking form, which includes VAT.
- You can pay by electronic transfer to the bank account shown in your booking confirmation, PayPal or by cheque (but please remember to allow time for the cheque to clear before the deadlines mentioned in the next section.)
When you have to pay
• If bookings are made within 30 days of the Arrival Date the Holiday Price must paid in full.
• For booking made in excess of 30 days from the Arrival Date you must pay a deposit.
• The deposit will be 30% of the Cottage booking price (details of the deposit will be set out in our written Booking Confirmation). You must pay the balance of the Holiday Price at least 30 days prior to the Arrival Date.
Cancellation / Changes to a Booking.
• Either of us may cancel a booking at least one month before the Arrival Date, in which case all monies will be returned to you.
• We may cancel your booking or cut your holiday short where you breach this agreement or because we have been affected by events beyond our reasonable control. Please see the 'Early Termination' section for further details.
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm three working days before the Arrival Date to confirm your arrival time and car registration. This is to enable us to arrange access on to the estate for you.
• The Cottage will be ready from 4pm on the Arrival Date. If you are staying at The Winnings please do not arrive after 10pm without informing us in advance as the closest gates to the Cottage accessing the estate will be locked.
• You must vacate the Cottage by 10.00am on the Departure Date.
Behaviour: You and all members of your party agree:
• to keep the Cottage clean and tidy;
• to leave the Cottage in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived, including washing up all dirty crockery, cutlery and kitchen equipment;
• to behave in a way at all times while at the Cottage which does not break any law;
• not to behave in anti-social manner, breach the peace or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt or affect the enjoyment of others;
• not to use the Cottage for any illegal or commercial purpose;
• to keep to public rights of way and not to trespass on the estate’s private property
• not to sublet the property or part thereof or otherwise allow anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted as a member of your party.
This section sets out when we may cancel your booking less than one month before the Arrival Date or during the Holiday Period. Please see the 'Cancellation/Changes to a Booking' section above for details of other circumstances in which we or you may cancel your booking before the Arrival Date.
• if you are in material breach of these terms and conditions.
• if the Cottage you have booked is not accessible from one of the nearby major roads due to flooding, snow or other adverse weather conditions the cost of the booking will be refunded to you. We cannot be held responsible if you are not able to reach the Cottage because of your local adverse weather or travel problems.
Please note that, without limitation, we consider non-payment of fees when due, your being rowdy, smoking in the Cottage, exceeding group numbers, allowing pets in the Cottage, trespassing off the public right of ways on the estate on to the private property, wilfully damaging the Cottage or allowing children to be unsupervised a material breach of these terms and conditions which entitles us to terminate your right to occupy the Cottage.
PLEASE NOTE that we reserve the right to make additional charges if:
• You do not keep the Cottage and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding and towels clean and in good condition. Breakages should be reported on departure to email@example.com or Tel: 01909 500211.
• Any notice to be served on you under these terms and conditions may be given during the Holiday Period by delivery through the letterbox or putting under the front door of the Cottage and shall be deemed received on delivery.
• Outside the Holiday Period, any notice may be sent to you by first class post to the address shown in your booking form or sent to you my email at the email address shown in your booking form.
• Any notice you have to give us can be sent by first class post to the address shown in your booking confirmation or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org