THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT THE TERMS ON WHICH WE ARE PREPARED TO HIRE A COTTAGE TO YOU. BY MAKING A BOOKING, YOU ACCEPT THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN US
You must be at least 18 years of age, and you must be one of the people occupying the Cottage. You are agreeing to these terms and conditions on behalf of all the members of your party (your “Guests”), and you must be authorised to do so by each adult member of the party. You agree to take responsibility for all your Guests (including any additional invitees to the Cottage), including being liable for any payments due under these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to terminate this Contract without prior notice if you or any of your Guests is in breach of any requirement as stated in these terms and conditions.
• A booking is only confirmed by us when we have sent you a written confirmation of your booking (which will be received via e-mail) and received your deposit or full payment in cleared funds.
Nature of the Booking
• Once your booking has been confirmed in return for your paying the Holiday Price and complying with these Terms and Conditions we grant you and your guests a license to occupy the Cottage during the Holiday Period for the purpose of a holiday.
• The right to occupy the Cottage is restricted to you and the number of guests referred to in your booking, each of whom must have registered with us on arrival (see “Arrival and Departure” below). The right to occupy the Cottage may be forfeited without compensation and/or an additional charge may be made if you allow more guests to occupy the Cottage than stated on the booking form or if you entertain any additional overnight guests without our express permission.
• Use of the Cottage for hen or stag parties is not allowed unless we have given written permission.
• Due to the unique nature and age of the cottages we regret that they may not be suitable for disabled access.
• Pets are only allowed in Marquessa, Stable Cottage and Mowerina. Assistance dogs are allowed provided that you have notified us at the time of booking and provided the assistance dog’s identification book is available for inspection on request.
• The Booking is not intended to create any relationship of landlord and tenant between us.
• You are not entitled to any tenancy of the Cottage, or to an assured shorthold tenancy or to any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or to any other statutory security of tenure now or when the license to occupy ends.
Right of Entry
• We are allowed to enter the Cottage (without letting you know first if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies happen (for example if emergency repairs need to be carried out) or if you break any of these terms and conditions. We are also allowed to enter the Cottage to inspect it (including but not limited to where you have complained about the property). If this happens, you will be given reasonable notice first.
• We have tried to make sure that the pictures and descriptions on our website and in our publicity materials give a fair and reasonable impression of the Cottages and their interiors and contents, but we do not guarantee that anything shown in the pictures or described will be exactly the same when you visit us and we do not accept any liability for minor discrepancies.
• The Cottages are complete homes with HD TVs, Wifi, maps of walks on the estate, bed-linen, towels, toiletries, kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, glasses and a supply of coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil, matches, firelighters and cleaning items.
• Hampers are available to pre-order from the Welbeck Farm Shop prior to your stay. See website for details.
• Please note that we are not able to supply cots, but we are able to supply high chairs.
• You are welcome to explore the estate using the many public rights of way across the estate, but you are not allowed to enter any part of the estate which is not a public right of way or open to the general public. Any entry on to other parts of the estate will be regarded as trespass and we reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately.
• While staying in a Welbeck Holiday Cottage, we kindly ask that you DO NOT intrude or trespass on any neighbouring properties. Permanent residents live within close proximity to our holiday lets. Please respect their privacy. Failure to comply may result in an early departure from the property. Should you wish to explore the estate, please see our recommended walking trails.
- The Holiday Price is the price shown on your booking form, which includes VAT.
- You can pay by electronic transfer to the bank account shown in your booking confirmation, PayPal or by cheque (but please remember to allow time for the cheque to clear before the deadlines mentioned in the next section.)
When you have to pay
• If bookings are made within 30 days of the Arrival Date the Holiday Price must paid in full.
• For booking made in excess of 30 days from the Arrival Date you must pay a deposit.
• The deposit will be 30% of the Cottage booking price (details of the deposit will be set out in our written Booking Confirmation). You must pay the balance of the Holiday Price at least 30 days prior to the Arrival Date.
Cancellation / Changes to a Booking.
• If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking, we will do our best to make the changes. However, we must receive your notice in writing by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to change a confirmed booking and reserve the right to refuse to do so.
• Either of us may cancel a booking at least one month before the Arrival Date, in which case all monies will be returned to you.
• If you cancel a booking less than one month before the Arrival Date you will lose your Holiday Price. The balance will only be repaid to the extent that we are able to re-let the Cottage during the Holiday Period.
• We may cancel your booking or cut your holiday short where you breach this agreement or because we have been affected by events beyond our reasonable control. Please see the 'Early Termination' section for further details.
Arrival and Departure
• Please email email@example.com before 5pm three working days before the Arrival Date to confirm your arrival time and car registration. This is to enable us to arrange access on to the estate for you.
• All Guests must register their names, addresses and email addresses with us. We also require all car registrations of Guests to enable access on to the estate
• The Cottage will be ready from 4pm on the Arrival Date. If you are staying at The Winnings please do not arrive after 10pm without informing us in advance as the closest gates to the Cottage accessing the estate will be locked and accessible via intercom and our internal security.
• You must vacate the Cottage by 10.00am on the Departure Date. A late check out fee of £50 per hour will be invoked for guests staying past the 10am checkout time.
Behaviour: You and all members of your party agree:
• to keep the Cottage clean and tidy;
• to leave the Cottage in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived, including washing up all dirty crockery, cutlery and kitchen equipment;
• to behave in a way at all times while at the Cottage which does not break any law;
• not to behave in anti-social manner, breach the peace or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt or affect the enjoyment of others;
• not to use the Cottage for any illegal or commercial purpose;
• to keep to public rights of way and not to trespass on the estate’s private property
• not to sublet the property or part thereof or otherwise allow anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted as a member of your party.
This section sets out when we may cancel your booking less than one month before the Arrival Date or during the Holiday Period. Please see the 'Cancellation/Changes to a Booking' section above for details of other circumstances in which we or you may cancel your booking before the Arrival Date.
• if you are in material breach of these terms and conditions.
• because we are affected by events beyond our reasonable control (such as, but without limitation, flood, fire, adverse weather conditions, act of God, war, terrorist threat, government action or some other catastrophic event, or the breach or failure of third parties who supply goods, services or property). In which case, if your holiday has begun, you will have to vacate the Cottage.
• if the Cottage you have booked is not accessible from one of the nearby major roads due to flooding, snow or other adverse weather conditions the cost of the booking will be refunded to you. We cannot be held responsible if you are not able to reach the Cottage because of your local adverse weather or travel problems.
Please note that, without limitation, we consider non-payment of fees when due, your being rowdy, smoking in the Cottage, exceeding group numbers, allowing pets in the Cottage, trespassing off the public right of ways on the estate on to the private property, wilfully damaging the Cottage or allowing children to be unsupervised a material breach of these terms and conditions which entitles us to terminate your right to occupy the Cottage.
PLEASE NOTE that we reserve the right to make additional charges if:
• You do not keep the Cottage and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding and towels clean and in good condition. Breakages should be reported on departure to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01909 500211.
• you damage or break anything at the Cottage. You will be notified in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable if the damage is discovered after you depart. We reserve the right to charge you the cost of replacing the damaged or broken item. If the damage is so serious that we are unable to re-let the Cottage, we may make an additional charge of up to £400 to compensate for our loss of income.
• We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Cottage and the estate are safe and secure for you and your Guests to use in accordance with these terms, but we will not be liable for any death or personal injury suffered by you or any of your Guests while on the estate unless it is caused by our negligence.
• You are responsible for ensuring that your property is not lost or damaged during your stay on the estate. We will not be liable for any loss or damage to your property while on the estate unless it is caused by our negligence. If we are responsible for any loss or damage to property, our liability will be limited to repairing or replacing the property in question. We will not be liable to refund the whole or any part of the Holiday Price or be liable for any damages for loss of enjoyment or otherwise.
• Any notice to be served on you under these terms and conditions may be given during the Holiday Period by delivery through the letterbox or putting under the front door of the Cottage and shall be deemed received on delivery.
• Outside the Holiday Period, any notice may be sent to you by first-class post to the address shown in your booking form or sent to you my email at the email address shown in your booking form.
• Any notice you have to give us can be sent by first-class post to the address shown in your booking confirmation or by email to email@example.com
Updated: 17 March 2023