Temporary Hosepipe Ban on the Welbeck estate
18 July 2018
If your water is supplied by The Welbeck Estate, please note that we are enforcing a hosepipe ban. Regrettably the continued drought makes it necessary for us to institute an immediate hosepipe ban which is a precautionary step to avoid cuts in supply. The list of restrictions is as below and we would appreciate all users observing them without exception.
- Watering a garden using a hosepipe (including lawns, grass verges, areas for sport and recreation and allotments)
- Cleaning a private motor vehicle using a hosepipe
- Watering plants on domestic or other non-commercial premises using a hosepipe
- Cleaning a private leisure boat using a hosepipe
- Filling or maintaining a domestic swimming or paddling pool
- Drawing water, using a hosepipe, for domestic recreational use
- Filling or maintaining a domestic pond using a hosepipe
- Filling or maintaining an ornamental fountain
- Cleaning walls, or windows, of domestic premises using a hosepipe
- Cleaning paths or patios using a hosepipe
- Cleaning other artificial outdoor surfaces using a hosepipe
The ban excludes agricultural land, land used for growing commercially, temporary gardens or flower displays, plants in outdoor pots or in the ground under cover.
We recommend that you check the website regularly for updates.