Half-term holiday happenings at The Harley Gallery
07 October 2019
Activities ranging from pottery workshops to crafting picture books and moving figures have been organised by The Harley Gallery for the October half-term holidays.
There will be a variety of creative workshops throughout the school holidays for 5 to 11-year-olds. These include:
- Clay Day workshops on Monday 21 October and Monday 28 October.
- Wheel Taster sessions on Friday 25 October and 1 November offer the chance to learn how to throw a pot.
- Paint a Pot classes take place on Thursday 24October and Thursday 31 October.
- Pop-up Book sessions on Tuesday 22 October will give would-be book illustrators the opportunity to learn how to create their own picture pop-up book.
- Colourful Spinners workshops on Wednesday 20 October will enable children to create spinners.
- An Interactive Literacy Workshop on Tuesday 29 October will give youngsters the chance to bring an historical character to life. It has been inspired by the Literacy Project, on display in The Harley Gallery.
- Moving Figures on Wednesday 30 October will show children how to create figures with moving parts.
Many of the workshops have been inspired by the new Moving Stories exhibition at The Harley Gallery. Visitors can explore the Gallery, which is filled with moving automata and gently press and pull the levers and watch the sculptures come to life. Children can also get involved in the free interactive craft activities on the second floor of the Gallery, which is open 10am to 5pm Monday to Saturday and until 4pm on Sundays.
The half-term programme has been planned by teacher trained Education and Engagement Manager, Dayle Green, who said: “We aim to inspire young minds to be creative, using hand skills to create their own pieces of artwork. The workshops have been designed to keep children entertained over the school holidays, while also inspiring them to get creative.”
Full details of all the activities can be found on The Harley Gallery website. Bookings can be made by calling The Harley Gallery on 01909 501 700.