THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT THE TERMS ON WHICH WE ARE PREPARED TO HIRE CUCKNEY HOUSE TO YOU. BY MAKING A BOOKING, YOU ACCEPT THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN US
You must be at least 18 years of age, and you must be one of the people occupying Cuckney House. You are agreeing to these terms and conditions on behalf of all the members of your party (your “Guests”), and you must be authorised to do so by each adult member of the party. You agree to take responsibility for all your Guests (including any additional invitees to Cuckney House ), including being liable for any payments due under these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to terminate this Contract without prior notice if you or any of your Guests are in breach of any requirement as stated in these terms and conditions.
• A booking is only confirmed by us when we have sent you a written confirmation of your booking (which will be received via e-mail), and we have received your deposit or full payment in cleared funds.
Nature of the Booking
• Once your booking has been confirmed in return for your paying the Holiday Price and complying with these Terms and Conditions, we grant you and your guests a license to occupy Cuckney House during the Holiday Period for the purpose of a holiday or another occasion if agreed in writing with the management of Cuckney House.
• The right to occupy Cuckney House is restricted to you and the number of guests referred to in your booking. (see “Arrival and Departure” below). The right to occupy Cuckney House may be forfeited without compensation and/or an additional charge may be made if you allow more guests to occupy Cuckney House than stated on the booking form or if you entertain any additional overnight guests without our express permission.
• Use of Cuckney House for hen or stag parties is prohibited unless we have given written permission.
• Due to the unique nature and age of Cuckney House, we regret that the entire House may not be suitable for disabled access. We have accommodated accessibility in some regions of Cuckney House.
• Cuckney House is not a pet-friendly house. We do not allow pets within Cuckney House.
• The Booking is not intended to create any relationship of landlord and tenant between us.
• You are not entitled to any tenancy of Cuckney House, or to an assured shorthold tenancy or to any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or to any other statutory security of tenure now or when the license to occupy ends.
Right of Entry
• We are allowed to enter Cuckney House (without letting you know first if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies happen (for example, if emergency repairs need to be carried out) or if you break any of these terms and conditions. We are also allowed to enter Cuckney House to inspect it (including but not limited to where you have complained about the property). If this happens, you will be given reasonable notice first.
• We have tried to make sure that the pictures and descriptions on our website and in our publicity materials give a fair and reasonable impression of Cuckney House and its interior and contents, but we do not guarantee that anything shown in the pictures or described will be exactly the same when you visit us, and we do not accept any liability for minor discrepancies.
• Cuckney House is a complete home with HD TVs, Wi-Fi, maps of walks on the estate, bed linen, towels, toiletries, kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, glasses and a supply of coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil, matches, firelighters and cleaning items.
• Hampers are available to pre-order from the Welbeck Farm Shop prior to your stay. See website for details.
• You are welcome to explore the estate using the many public rights of way across the estate, but you are not allowed to enter any part of the estate which is not a public right of way or open to the general public. Any entry onto other parts of the estate will be regarded as trespass, and we reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately.
Cuckney House Price is the price shown on your booking form, which includes VAT.
You can pay by electronic transfer to the bank account shown in your booking confirmation, PayPal or by cheque (but please remember to allow time for the cheque to clear before the deadlines mentioned in the next section).
When you have to pay
• If bookings are made within 60 days of the Arrival Date, the Holiday Price must paid in full.
• For bookings made in excess of 60 days from the Arrival Date, you must pay a deposit.
• The deposit will be 30% of the Cuckney House booking price (details of the deposit will be set out in our written Booking Confirmation). You must pay the balance of the Holiday Price at least 60 days prior to the Arrival Date.
Cancellation / Changes to a Booking.
• If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking, we will do our best to make the changes. However, we must receive your notice in writing by post or e-mail to email@example.com. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to change a confirmed booking and reserve the right to refuse to do so.
• Either of us may cancel a booking at least 60 days before the Arrival Date, in which case all monies will be returned to you.
• If you cancel a booking less than 60 days before the Arrival Date, you will lose your Holiday Price.
The balance will only be repaid to the extent that we are able to re-let Cuckney House during the Holiday Period.
• We may cancel your booking or cut your holiday short if you breach this agreement or because we have been affected by events beyond our reasonable control. Please see the ‘Early Termination’ section for further details.
Arrival and Departure
• Cuckney House will be ready from 3pm on the Arrival Date.
• You must vacate Cuckney House by 11.00am on the Departure Date.
Behaviour: You and all members of your party agree:
• to keep Cuckney House clean and tidy.
• to leave Cuckney House in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived, including washing up all dirty crockery, cutlery and kitchen equipment.
• Use the Hot tubs in a proper and respectful manner. Intoxicated guests are not to be in the Hot Tub at any time. Children are to be supervised at all times.
• to behave in a way at all times while at Cuckney House, which does not break any law.
• not to behave in an anti-social manner, breach the peace or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt or affect the enjoyment of others, including keeping music after 11 pm contained within the House.
• not to use Cuckney House for any illegal or commercial purpose.
• to keep to public rights of way and not to trespass on the estate’s private property.
• not to sublet the property or part thereof or otherwise allow anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted as a member of your party.
- Cuckney House is a non-smoking house. We ask guests not to smoke in any area within the House or the accessible areas.
This section sets out when we may cancel your booking less than 60 days before the Arrival Date or during the Holiday Period. Please see the ‘Cancellation/Changes to a Booking’ section above for details of other circumstances in which we or you may cancel your booking before the Arrival Date.
• if you are in material breach of these terms and conditions.
• because we are affected by events beyond our reasonable control (such as, but without limitation, flood, fire, adverse weather conditions, act of God, war, terrorist threat, government action or some other catastrophic event, or the breach or failure of third parties who supply goods, services or property). In which case, if your holiday has begun, you will have to vacate Cuckney House.
• if you have booked Cuckney House and it is not accessible from one of the nearby major roads due to flooding, snow or other adverse weather conditions, the cost of the booking will be refunded to you. We cannot be held responsible if you are not able to reach the House because of your local adverse weather or travel problems.
Please note that, without limitation, we consider non-payment of fees when due, you being rowdy, smoking in Cuckney House, exceeding group numbers, trespassing off the public right of ways on the estate onto the private property, wilfully damaging Cuckney House or allowing children to be unsupervised a material breach of these terms and conditions which entitles us to terminate your right to occupy Cuckney House.
PLEASE NOTE that we reserve the right to make additional charges if:
• You do not keep Cuckney House and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding and towels clean and in good condition. Breakages should be reported on departure to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01909 500211.
• you damage or break anything at Cuckney House. You will be notified in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable if the damage is discovered after you depart. We reserve the right to charge you the cost of replacing the damaged or broken item. If the damage is so severe that we are unable to re-let the House, we may make an additional charge of up to £20,000 to compensate for our loss of income.
• We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Cuckney House and the estate are safe and secure for you and your Guests to use in accordance with these terms, but we will not be liable for any death or personal injury suffered by you or any of your Guests while on the estate unless it is caused by our negligence.
• You are responsible for ensuring that your property is not lost or damaged during your stay on the estate.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to your property while on the estate unless caused by our negligence. If we are responsible for any loss or damage to property, our liability will be limited to repairing or replacing the property in question. We will not be liable to refund the whole or any part of the Holiday Price or be liable for any damages for loss of enjoyment or otherwise.
EVENTS AND OUTSIDE CATERING
- All guests are requested to send the plan for the event to be held at Cuckney House in writing for approval prior to the event, including details of any outside catering services, as well as any external or internal additions or changes, such as movement of furniture within the House or tents or Marquees erected at the premises.
- Should any damage be caused by the external catering company or other suppliers, including additional cleaning requirements, this will be the responsibility of the Guest whose name the booking has been made and will be deductable from the Guest’s security deposit unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- All external suppliers operating within Cuckney House must provide proof of liability insurance to The Welbeck Estate in writing before the Guests’ arrival date, as well as company or personal details.
- Any damage sustained during an event should be reported immediately to The Welbeck Estate on 01909 500 211 or 07851261467.
- The use of any outside structure, such as marquees or other structures, will be permitted subject to written approval by The Welbeck Estate prior to the event.
- Event holders are requested to be considerate to neighbours in respect of music and other noise by ensuring that marquees approved for use are for dining purposes only and any live bands or other entertainment, such as live music and dancing, takes place in the Pannelled Ballroom within Cuckney House.
- All equipment and vehicles should be off-site by the time of checkout.
- Cuckney House will not accept any function or event of more than 40 guests unless previously approved in writing by The Welbeck Estate.
• Any notice to be served on you under these terms and conditions may be given during the Holiday Period by delivery through the letterbox or putting under the front door of the House and shall be deemed received on delivery.
• Outside the Holiday Period, any notice may be sent to you by first class post to the address shown in your booking form or sent to you by e-mail at the e-mail address shown in your booking form.
• Any notice you have to give us can be sent by first class post to the address shown in your booking confirmation or by e-mail to email@example.com
Updated: 20 October 2013