Cuckney House encapsulates period living with a contemporary twist.
Cuckney House is a Grade II listed 18th-century country manor house offering accommodation for up to 33 people over 12 bedrooms.
Set in a secluded woodland with manicured grounds, tennis courts, BBQ area and hot tubs, as well as space for a marquee, the grand manor house can offer itself as a small wedding reception venue, as well as a destination for events and the more traditional base for large group self-catering holiday accommodation.
The stunning house was one of the set locations for the filming of Testament of Youth in 2014, which starred Kit Harington, Taron Egerton and Alicia Vikander.
Each room has now been sympathetically restored by Northern Design Award Winner, Rachel McLane, offering a classic, timeless style with original architectural features.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside and walks, Cuckney house is dog-friendly, ensuring every family member is welcome during your stay.
This discreet and private manor house sits on the outskirts of the small charming stone village of Cuckney, in the Bassetlaw district of Nottinghamshire, England. The Courtyard at Welbeck, Hazel Gap Wedding Venue and The School of Artisan Food are just a few minutes' drive.
This property, at a glance
- Sleeps up to 33 guests
- Bridal suite
- Accessible suite
- 12 bedrooms with 12 bathrooms
- Three beautiful reception rooms, including a games room with a pool table, jukebox, and video games
- Bar with wood burning stove and seating area
- Formal dining room for up to 28 guests
- Function/conference room for 40
- Utility room
- Boot room
- Wood burning stoves
- Original features
- Surrounded by woods and parkland
- Walled Garden with barbecues and hot tubs
- Woodland path
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are allowed (small additional charge).
- Children and infants welcome (please provide your own travel cot or Moses basket)
- Shop and pub within approximately 10 minutes walking distance
- Ample private parking
- Electric car charging area
- Renewable energy heat source and solar panels
Weddings on the Welbeck estate
Cuckney House is not licensed for civil marriage ceremonies but is available for small wedding receptions. If you are looking for a larger venue to hold your special occasion, we highly recommend Hazel Gap Barn for your civil service in its dramatic red-brick barn on the Welbeck estate.
Conferences and Events
With its large function room, this large historical property makes the perfect venue to host a corporate or private event, whether it's a weekend retreat to bring together friends, family and colleagues for family gatherings and reunions or to host a business conference.
Booking and Enquiries
Planning a shorter break?
T: 01909 500 211
Concept designs for Cuckney House by interior designer Rachel McLane, keeping the rich historical features whilst updating the décor and facilities.
*2-night minimum stay