If you’re looking for a bolthole, look no further than Stable Cottage within the charming hamlet of Belph in Derbyshire on the edge of the Welbeck estate.
This quaint, cosy two-bedroom dog-friendly cottage sleeps three and makes for the perfect country retreat. It sits in the heart of the countryside with plenty of public footpaths to explore from your doorstep so its ideal for walkers and is set within its own private, enclosed mature garden and meadow.
The detached stone cottage has been recently renovated to offer a wealth of character combined with contemporary style. Step inside this and you’ll find an open plan kitchen/diner and lounge area with a separate utility room and downstairs toilet and stairs leading up to a double bedroom, a single bedroom and shower room.
It is ideal for couples or small families and it is dog friendly too with plenty of opportunities to stroll the local paths with start on the doorstep at your leisure. With a pretty enclosed patio area with barbeque overlooking the garden and meadow, it could be easy to combine days right here with occasional local walks or cycle rides.
The Courtyard at Welbeck though is just a few minutes’ drive away too, offering a culture fix thanks to its contemporary art gallery and museum. There’s also the chance to refuel here at The Harley Café. The Courtyard is where you will also find Welbeck Farm Shop, stocked to the hilt with fresh, local produce and delicious treats produced here on the Welbeck estate. If you prefer there is a lovely long pretty walk along the footpaths through Welbeck village to the Welbeck Courtyard.
The School of Artisan Food nearby offers the opportunity to combine a visit with a short course from baking and preserving to foraging. (We’d recommend checking out the School’s website and booking well in advance of your visit.) There are also arts and crafts workshops held at The Harley Studios throughout the year, which also need to be booked in advance. Check out The Harley Gallery website for details of forthcoming activities and exhibitions.
What you’ll love about Stable Cottage:
- Its quiet rural location with countryside views.
- Enclosed private patio, garden, meadow, stream and ample off-street parking.
- The wealth of walking and cycle routes with links to The Robin Hood Way and the prehistoric gorge of Creswell Crags.
- Contemporary art and great food within the Courtyard at Welbeck; home to The Harley Gallery, The Portland Collection museum, The Harley Café.
- It’s close proximity to The School of Artisan Food with its wide variety of courses.
- Fishing on Welbeck Lakes.
- Short drive to Clumber Park, Sherwood Forest, Thoresby Park, Rufford Park and Sherwood Pines.
- Double bedroom with skylight
- Single bedroom
- Shower room
- All bed linen and towels provided
Living & Relaxing
- Sofa and chair
- Free wireless broadband
Cooking & Dining
- Open plan kitchen/diner and lounge
- Electric oven, grill, hob
- Fridge and freezer
- Microwave and toaster
- Range of utensils and accessories
- Washing machine
- Tea towels provided
- Lawned garden
- Patio area
- Meadow and stream
- Outdoor dining furniture
- Footpaths straight from the meadow and front door
Babies & Toddlers
One highchair is available. Please bring your own travel cot.
Ample off-road enclosed parking for two cars on the private gated drive.
Arrivals & Departures
- Friday standard changeover
- Check-in after 4 pm
- Check out before 10 am
Up to two well-behaved dogs are allowed in this property. There is an additional cleaning cost of £20 per dog.
The cottages are self-catering, but a selection of hampers are available to pre-order from Welbeck Farm Shop.
You can book online via the calendar or by phone. For enquiries, please email: email@example.com or call 01909 500 211. Changeover days are Mondays and Fridays only. Check-in after 4 pm. Check out before 10 am. Please see our full booking terms and conditions.
what3words address: ///fluctuate.pace.tapes